Sugar free Carrot Cake, Stevia Sweetened.
What is life without a sweet dish at the end of your meal? Its boring! Only because you are on a diet which restricts your sugar consumption doesn’t mean you cannot have sweet dishes. This cake was loved by my family and I was surprised that they did not even realize it was sugar free. I sent the cake across to some of my diabetic family members and they have been requesting for more ever since.
Most of us bakers will agree that baking cake without sugar can be very difficult. We are always faced with the dilemma of eating a delicious cake yet not consuming too many calories. With most sugar free sweeteners the problem is that a small amount of the sweetener can compensate for the sweetness of a large amount of sugar. This can have an effect on the texture and taste of the final product. What if you could get a sweetener that would mimic sugar in all ways? That would not alter the taste, flavor or texture of the dessert you are making!
Carrot cakes can be perfect for breakfast and tea time. It will complement your morning or evening cup of tea perfectly. As this is a sugar free and Low calorie carrot cake, you do not have to feel guilty about eating something sweet anymore. This cake is perfect for children, weightwatchers and even diabetics.
I have used Vistevia’s All purpose Stevia sweetener which I have found to be Ideal for baking and desserts. I have used this product in the carrot cake and I am very happy with the results. I could not tell that this cake is sugar free! It tastes as good if not better than that cakes that are made of sugar. It is absolutely delicious and at the same time very light. If you are trying to avoid sugar and cut back on the calories, this sugar free carrot cake is an absolute delight.
Why did I choose Vistevia’s sweetener? Firstly, this sweetener is 100% Natural as it is sweetened with Stevia. It has no harmful synthetic chemicals in it and is 100% safe for all. This sweetener is perfect for diabetics, Keto diet and even children. And what’s most important is that it is delicious and very easy to use. It does not have any after taste of stevia and tastes just like sugar.
So let’s take a look at the ingredient list for this Sugar Free Carrot Cake
- 65g Vistevia All Purpose Sweetener
- 2 eggs
- 120g flour
- 120g finely grated carrot
- 5g baking powder
- 2-3g cinnamon
- 1g salt
- 30g chopped walnut
FOR CREAM CHEESE ICING
- 65g Cream cheese
- 40g Cream
- 45g Vistevia All Purpose sweetener
- Orange zest
- A pinch of cinnamon
Electric whisk | Tree tin trays | Sieve | Spatula | Grater
- Separate the egg yolk and white.
- Mix all the dry ingredients (flour, cinnamom, baking powder, salt) and sift them together and keep aside. Sifting the dry ingredients adds air to it which helps make your cake light and fluffy.
- Start with whisking together egg yolk and Vistevia’s All Purpose Sweetener, until fluffy and doubles in volume. This may take about 5 minutes. What is great about this sweetener is that it reacts to the egg in the same way as sugar does. Although we use about 40% of the sweetener in comparison to the amount of sugar there should be in the recipe. This sweetener blended beautifully with the yolks and after whisking the result was the same as sugar.
- Fold in the grated carrots to the whisked egg yolks and sweetener.
- Start folding in the dry ingredients and oil in three parts alternating with each other. Do not whisk just fold. Whisking the batter vigorously will make the cake dense, so fold in as gently as possible. It is best to use a spatula while doing this.
- Add the walnuts next.
- Whisk the two separated egg whites to soft peaks. Whisking the egg whites adds as much as three times the volume to it, and it is this thatmakes the cake fluffy, light and spongy. You must make sure to not over whisk or else the egg whites will separate.
- Fold in the egg whites to the cake batter in three parts as gently as possible retaining as much or the air trapped inside the egg whites.
- Divide the batter into the three tins equally. If you don’t have this size you can even choose to use a bigger one. The size in not the problem, but you must only fill the cake tin to half its volume as the batter will need room to rise.
- The bigger the tin the longer it takes in the oven.
- The best way to judge if the cake is done is to use a toothpick and pierce it in the center of the cake. If it comes out clean the cake is done.
Cream Cheese Frosting
- Whisk the cream cheese, cream and Vistevia’s Sugar Free Sweetener for about 2-3 minutes until smooth and fluffy.
- Grate some orange zest and cinnamon into the cream and fold it in. If you whisk the orange zest in the beginning it might impart a bitter taste to the entire cream chesse frosting. You can choose to add lemon zest if you do not have oranges, anything citrusy will work!
- After the Carrot cake is done, run a knife along the sides of the tin so that the cake can come out easily.
- Let it cool before adding the cream cheese topping to it. It you add the filling to a warm cake the cream will just melt away leaving the cake soggy and gooey.
- Don’t forget to peel off the butter paper before you eat it or serve it to your friends and family.
You can refrigerate this cake for up to three days, but most likely it will be eaten before that. It is one of the best sugar free carrot cake recipes, thanks to Vistevia’s All Purpose sweetener. My family and friends could not tell that this cake was sugar free. And the pleasure of eating this without any guilt was just amazing. Guys you must try this recipe and if you have any questions you can send me a message and I will definitely try to help.